Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition.Arthur Rubinstein
- Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- A cup of tea eventually cools to the ambient temperature.
- “Ambient Intelligence” represents an intelligent environment of computing nodes.
- (music) Slow and peaceful; atmospheric.
Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping
(music) Slow and peaceful; atmospheric
- Something that surrounds.
- (music) A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
Something that surrounds
- "ambient" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web