Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Third person singular
- (transitive) To make or better.
- (intransitive) To become better.
- (transitive) To make a formal alteration in legislation by adding, deleting, or rephrasing.
To make or become better; to improve
To make a formal alteration in legislation by adding, deleting, or rephrasing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “amend” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "amend" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web