Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When patterns are broken, new worlds can emerge.Tuli Kupferberg
See also Angler
- IPA: /ˈæŋ.glə(r)/
- A person who fishes with a hook and line.
- A throng of anglers lined the trout stream on opening day of trout season.
- An angler fish.
- The angler lured a smaller fish into reach with the appendage on its head.
- Someone who tries to works an angle; a person who schemes or has an ulterior motive.
- Jonas was a consummate angler when it came the company's leave policy; he had it figured so he only needed to work six months out of the year.
- (slang, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Pilferers or petty thieves, who, with a stick having a hook at the end, steal goods out of shop-windows, grates, etc.
- (person who fishes with hook and line): fisher, fisherman
- (angler fish): anglerfish, frogfish
- (someone with a scheme or ulterior motive): conniver, grifter, schemer, swindler
a person who schemes
- 1811 Dictionary of Vulgar Tongue, available from Project Gutenberg 
Elsewhere on the web