Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is the farce which everyone has to perform.Arthur Rimbaud
- (UK) IPA: /ˈɛn.i.ːbɒd.i/, /ˈɛn.iː.bə.di/, SAMPA: /"En.i:.bQd.i/, /"En.i:.b@.di/
- (WEAE) IPA: /ˈɛn.i.bɑd.i/, /ɛn.i.bʊd.i/, SAMPA: /"En.i.bQd.i/, /En.i.bUd.i/
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- Anybody will do.
- Is there anybody inside?
- (informal) A person of some consideration or standing.
- Everybody who wants to be anybody will come to Jake's party.
- Here one isn't anybody, if one doesn't dance like Travolta.
(colloquial) a person of consideration or standing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web