Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea, to be suggestive, must come to the individual with the force of revelation.William James
- The highest point of something.
- the apex of the building
- (figuratively) The moment of greatest success, expansion, etc.
- the apex of civilization
- (geometry) The topmost vertex of a cone or pyramid (in their conventional orientation).
- The pointed end of an object.
- the apex of a leaf
- (botany) The end of a leaf, petal or similar organ opposed to the end where it is attached to its support; the tip.
- (highest point): peak, top
- (moment of greatest success, expansion, etc): acme, culmination, height, peak, pinnacle
- (pointed end): end, tip
moment of greatest success, expansion, etc
in geometry: topmost vertex of a cone or pyramid
Third declension (3).
Elsewhere on the web