Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To express approval (of something) by clapping the hands.
- After the performance, the audience applauded for five minutes
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To praise, or express approval for something or someone.
- Although we don't like your methods, we applaud your motives.
to express approval by clapping
to praise, or express approval by words
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web