Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Be aware that young people have to be able to make their own mistakes and that times change.Gina Shapira
From the English apply.
- The act of applying; application.
- An implement, an instrument or apparatus designed (or at least used) as a means to a specific end (often specified).
- Specifically: A non-manual apparatus or device, powered electrically or by another small motor, used in homes to perform domestic functions (household appliance) and/or in offices.
- An attachment, some equipment (or - piece) to adapt another tool or machine to such specific purpose
- (obsolete) compliance
a device in its own right
to adapt other equipment
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
Elsewhere on the web