Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
All mankind loves a lover.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The study of the appearance and behaviour of spiders, or the patterns of their webs (possibly related to the third meaning) for use in divination.
- The ability to take control over spiders with the intent to use them for attacking purposes or similar purposes.
- Also the divination of patterns, for example in geometric patterns, and tapestries. See third quotation below.
- Possibly also the creation of a view using scientific results by separating, and combining of new research. (See fourth quotation below)
- There is also another meaning which is yet uncertain, (See fifth quotation below)
- 2004, The Review of the film ‘Sodoma's Ghost’, MonsterHunter
- I suppose I should save my arachnomancy for another time, since you may yet not be convinced that horny Nazi ghosts bothering drunk college kids isn't really nearly as good as you would initially suspect
- Night Club, Howl Grimm
- Howl allowed the spider to climb up her arm and settle on her shoulder. Howl was well practiced in arachnomancy, and this spider would be useful in her divining.
- She sighed deeply and extended her hand, 'Apology accepted, Alanna.'
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web