Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- armor (US)
- (uncountable) A form of protection that consists of a resistant material that is worn on all or part of the body.
- (uncountable) A natural form of this kind of protection on an animal's body.
- (uncountable) Metal plate, protecting a ship, military vehicle, or aircraft.
- (countable) A type of protective armour.
- (military, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Tanks or other armoured vehicles, collectively, or the military units or formations equipped with such vehicles.
- (body armour): body armour, body armor, mail, chain mail, plate, suit of armour, suit of armor
- (animal): horn, carapace, chitin
- (metal plate): armour plate, armor plate
- (military): mechanized, cavalry
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To equip something with armour or a protective coating or hardening.
- (transitive) To provide something with an analogous form of protection.
Elsewhere on the web