Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
You never enjoy the world aright, till the sea itself floweth in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens and crowned with the stars.Thomas Traherne
- (RP) IPA: /ˈɑːtɪkəl/, SAMPA: /"A:tIk@l/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈɑɹtɪkl̩/, SAMPA: /"Ar\tIkl/
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)tɪkəl
- A story, report, or opinion piece in a newspaper, magazine, journal, internet etc.
- See: Wikipedia article on article in publishing article (publishing)
- A member of a group or class
- an article of clothing
- An object.
- a sales article
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A part of speech that indicates, specifies and limits a noun (a, an, or the in English). In some languages the article may appear as en ending (e.g. definite article in Swedish) or there may be none (e.g. Finnish, Estonian).
- See: Wikipedia article on article in grammar article (grammar)
- A section of a legal document, bylaws, etc.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A person.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A wench. A prime article. A handsome girl.
- She's a prime article (whip slang), she's a devilish good piece, a hell of a goer.
story, report, or opinion piece
member of a group or class
part of speech that specifies a noun
section of a legal document
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web