Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.Mahatma Gandhi
- artefact (Commonwealth)
- An object made by human hand or shaped by it.
- An object, such as a tool, weapon or ornament, of archaeological or historical interest, esp. such an object found at an archaeological excavation.
- The dig produced many Roman artifacts.
- Something viewed as a product of human conception or agency rather than an inherent element.
- "The very act of looking at a naked model was an artifact of male supremacy" (Philip Weiss).
- Ref: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 8 March 2007.
- A structure or finding in an experiment or investigation that is not a true feature of the object under observation, but is a result of external action, the test arrangement, or an experimental error.
- The spot on his lung turned out to be an artifact of the X-ray process.
something viewed as a product of human conception
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web