Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The act of ascending. A motion upwards.
- Example: he made a tedious ascent of Mont Blanc
- The way or means by which one ascends.
- Example: There is a difficult northern ascent from Malaucene of Mont Ventoux
- An eminence, hill, or high place.
- The degree of elevation of an object, or the angle it makes with a horizontal line; inclination; rising grade.
- Example: the road has an ascent of 5 degrees
Part or all of this page has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Elsewhere on the web