Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
- A hope or ambition.
- The action of aspirating.
- (phonetics) A burst of air that follows the release of some consonants.
burst of air that follows the release of some consonants
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- “aspiration” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "aspiration" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web