Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at stars.Henry Van Dyke
Third person singular
- (transitive) To designate or set apart something for some purpose.
- (transitive) To appoint or select someone for some office.
- (transitive) To allot or give something as a task.
- (transitive) To attribute or sort something into categories.
- (transitive) (law) To transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one person to another.
to designate or set apart something for some purpose
to allot or give something as a task
to transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one peson to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- An assignee.
Elsewhere on the web