Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every revolutionary idea seems to evoke three stages of reaction. They may be summed up by the phrases: (1) It's completely impossible. (2) It's possible, but it's not worth doing. (3) I said it was a good idea all along.Arthur C. Clarke
See also Assimilation
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act of assimilating or the state of being assimilated.
- The metabolic conversion of nutriments into tissue.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The absorption of new ideas into an existing cognitive structure.
- (phonology) A sound change process by which the phonetics of a speech segment becomes more like that of another segment in a word (or at a word boundary), so that a change of phoneme occurs.
- The adoption, by a minority group, of the customs and attitudes of the dominant culture.
act of assimilating or the state of being assimilated
Elsewhere on the web