Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom.Phyllis Therous
- The act of assuming, or taking to or upon one's self; the act of taking up or adopting.
- The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; unwarrantable claim.
- The thing supposed; a postulate, or proposition assumed; a supposition.
- The minor or second proposition in a categorical syllogism.
- The taking of a person up into heaven.
- A festival in honor of the ascent of the Virgin Mary into heaven.
- See also Wikisaurus:supposition
the act of assuming, or taking to or upon one's self
the minor or second proposition in a categorical syllogism
taking of a person up into heaven
festival in honor of the ascent of the Virgin Mary into heaven
Elsewhere on the web