Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.Burton Hills
- (idiomatic) On the loose; roaming freely; not confined.
- For a nervous twenty-four hours, three wanted criminals were at large in the city.
- (idiomatic) Representing the whole, rather than a section.
- The editor-at-large is now able to write about any topic he pleased, no longer confined to just sports news.
- The ambassador-at-large was designated to the Middle East as a region, rather than to a specific country.
- In general; as a whole.
- Some people support the measure, but the community at large will probably be against it.
Elsewhere on the web