Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love one person with a private love is poor and miserable: to love all is glorious.Thomas Traherne
- A group of people seeing a performance.
- We joined the audience just as the lights went down.
- The readership of a written publication.
- "Private Eye" has a small but faithful audience.
- A following
- The opera singer expanded his audience by singing songs from the shows.
- A formal meeting with a state or religious dignitary.
- She managed to get an audience with the Pope.
In some dialects, audience is used as a plurale tantum.
a group of people seeing a performance
the readership of a written publication
a formal meeting with a state or religious dignitary
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
audience f. (plural audiences)
Elsewhere on the web