Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Be aware that young people have to be able to make their own mistakes and that times change.Gina Shapira
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The power to enforce rules or give orders.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Persons in command; specifically, government.
- (countable) A person accepted as a source of reliable information on a subject.
- 1930 September 18, Albert Einstein, as quoted in Albert Einstein: Creator and Rebel (1988) by Banesh Hoffman
- To punish me for my contempt of authority, Fate has made me an authority myself.
power to enforce rules or give orders
persons in command; specifically, government
person accepted as a source of reliable information on a subject
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web