Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.Roy Croft
- IPA: [o:gz'iljəri]
Adjectiveauxiliary (not comparable)
- Helping; giving assistance or support.
- Supplementary or subsidiary.
- Held in reserve for exceptional circumstances.
- Of a ship, having both sails and an engine.
- (grammar) Relating to an auxiliary verb.
helping; giving assistance or support
supplementary or subsidiary
held in reserve for exceptional circumstances
relating to an auxiliary verb
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- A person or group that acts in an auxiliary manner.
- A sailing vessel equipped with an engine.
- (grammar) An auxiliary verb.
person or group that acts in an auxiliary manner
Elsewhere on the web