Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- ava (ISO 639-3)
- “av” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “av” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- ouch (expression of one's own physical pain)
This Danish entry was created from the translations listed at ouch. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see av in the Danish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
av (+ dative)
- off; not operating.
- å sla av (to turn off).
- fra barn av (from childhood)
- bli av med (get rid of)
- by (in construction of the passive tense).
- Huset ble malt av ham (The house was painted by him).
- in, out of.
- Avhenging av (Dependant on).
- by (in construction of the passive voice).
- The house was painted by him = Huset målades av honom
- lasta av
- unload (concerning transportations)
- stänga av
- stänga av någon (e.g. in sports)
- lägga av
- stop doing (something), cease doing (something)
Elsewhere on the web