Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is a sunbeam which may pass through a thousand bosoms without losing a particle of its original ray; nay, when it strikes on a kindred heart, like the converged light on a mirror, it reflects itself with redoubled brightness. It is not perfected till it is shared.Jane Porter
- (RP) IPA: /əˈvɜːʃn/, SAMPA: /@"v3:Sn/
- (GenAm) IPA: /əˈvɝʒn/, SAMPA: /@"v3`Zn/
- Hyphenation: aver·sion
- Opposition or repugnance of mind; fixed dislike.
- Due to her aversion to the outdoors she complained throughout the entire camping trip.
- An object of dislike or repugnance.
- Pushy salespeople are a major aversion of mine.
- The act of turning away from an object.
The object of dislike or repugnance
A turning away
Elsewhere on the web