Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Like swimming, riding, writing, or playing golf, happiness can be learned.Boris Sokoloff
- Rhymes: -eɪkən
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cause to become awake.
- (transitive) To cause to become conscious.
- (intransitive) To stop sleeping.
- (intransitive, to stop sleeping): awake
intransitive: to stop sleeping
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web