Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.Amy Carmichael
backbone (plural: backbones)
- set of bones which connected make up the spine and spinal column and run down the middle of the back in vertebrate animals.
- any fundamental support, structure, or infrastructure
- Before automobiles, railroads were a backbone of commerce.
- courage, fortitude, or strength
- He would make a good manager, if he had a little more backbone.
set of bones which connected make up the spine and spinal column
any fundamental support, structure, or infrastructure
courage, fortitude, or strength
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web