Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.Roy Croft
- One's social heritage; what one did in the past/previously.
- The lawyer had a background in computer science.
- A part of the picture that depicts scenery to the rear or behind the main subject. Context.
- Information relevant to the current situation about past events; history.
- A less important feature of scenery (as opposed to foreground.)
- There was tons of noise in the background.
- The photographer let us pick a background for the portrait.
- (computing) The image or color, over which a computer's desktop items are show (e.g. icons or application windows).
- (computing) Activity on a computer that is not normally visible to the user
part of picture
less important feature
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web