Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
See also Bacteria
- Plural form of bacterium.
- (US, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A type, species, or strain of bacterium
- (US, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Alternative form of bacterium.
- (pejorative, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A derisive term for a lowlife or a slob (could be treated as plural or singular).
- This is the plural form of the word. While it is often used as if it were singular (as a collective noun), this is considered nonstandard by some in the US and more elsewhere. See the usage examples under bacterium.
see also under bacterium
- culture (collective noun)
- (dated, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An oval bacterium, as distinguished from a spherical coccus or rod-shaped bacillus
Elsewhere on the web