Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness comes more from loving than being loved; and often when our affection seems wounded it is only our vanity bleeding. To love, and to be hurt often, and to love again—this is the brave and happy life.J.E Buckrose
- IPA: /ˈbændəʊ/ (or as French, below) (UK)
- A band for the hair.
- She wore a bandeau in her hair.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A band.
- A brassiere, especially when narrow or strapless; a top made from a narrow band of fabric.
- 1998: AANS Publications Committee: Setti S. Rengachary, MD, and Edward C. Benzel, MD, Calvarial and Dural Reconstruction: Neurosurgical Topics
- 1999: Bill C. Terry, Maxime Champy, Franz Härle, et al, Atlas of Craniomaxillofacial Osteosynthesis: miniplates, microplates, and screws
- The supraorbital bandeau is fixed to the nasal structure by a titanium [...]
- This bandeau is fixed by microplates. The median bone strip is fixed to the [...]
- 2002: Raoul d'Harcourt, Textiles of Ancient Peru and Their Techniques
- Fragment of a wool cap, of which only the bandeau is well preserved. It is made in square knotting in alternate directions (see Fig. 79).
bandeau m. (plural bandeaux)
Elsewhere on the web