Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Long is the road from conception to completion.Moliθre
See also Banner
- Rhymes: -ænə(r)
- A flag or standard used by a military commander, monarch or nation.
- Any large sign, especially if constructed of soft material or fabric.
- The mayor hung a banner across Main Street to commemorate the town's 100th anniversary.
- A large piece of silk or other cloth, with a device or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in some conspicuous place.
- By extension, a cause or purpose; a campaign or movement.
- They usually make their case under the banner of environmentalism.
- A type of advertisement in a web page or on television, usually taking the form of a graphic or animation above or alongside the content. Contrast popup, interstitial.
- (heraldry) The principal standard of a knight.
- A person etc. who bans something.
large piece of cloth with a device or motto borne in a procession
cause or purpose; a campaign or movement
advertisement in a web page
principal standard of a knight
Adjectivebanner (not comparable)
- Exceptional; very good.
- It is a banner achievement for an athlete to run a mile in under four minutes.
exceptional; very good
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- The Manual of Heraldry, Fifth Edition, by Anonymous, London, 1862, online at 
Elsewhere on the web