Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If I love you, what business is it of yours?Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
See also Barker
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)kə(r)
- Someone or something who barks.
- My neighbor's dog is a constant barker that keeps me awake at night.
- A person employed to solicit customers by calling out to passersby, e.g. at a carnival.
- Bob had amassed a considerable stockpile of double entendres from his days working as a barker for a strip joint.
- (obsolete, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A person that removes the bark from wood, or prepares it for use in tanning.
- The profession of barker has been made largely obsolete by the introduction of more effective tanning agents, but it lives on as a surname.
- A machine used to remove the bark from wood.
- Run these logs through the barker so we can use them as fence posts.
Elsewhere on the web