Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Ideas are fatal to caste.Edward M. Forster
- A starting point, base or foundation for an argument or hypothesis.
- An underlying condition or circumstance.
- (linear algebra) In a vector space, a linearly independent set of vectors spanning the whole vector space.
- (accounting) Amount paid for an investment, including commissions and other expenses.
- basis point (4)
- tax basis
- cost basis
- (starting point for discussion): base
starting point for an argument
linearly independent set of vectors
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web