Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (RP) enPR: bäs'kĭt, IPA: /ˈbɑːskɪt/, SAMPA: /"bA:skIt/
- enPR: bäs'kət, IPA: /ˈbɑːskət/, SAMPA: /"bA:sk@t/
- help, file
- A lightweight container, generally round, open at the top, and tapering toward the bottom.
- A basket of fake fruit adorned the table.
- A wire or plastic container similar in shape to a basket, used for carrying articles for purchase in a shop.
- In an online shop, a notional place to store items before ordering them.
- (basketball) A circular hoop, from which a net is suspended, which is the goal through which the players try to throw the ball.
- The point guard drove toward the basket.
- (basketball) The act of putting the ball through the basket, thereby scoring points.
- The last-second basket sealed the victory.
- The game of basketball.
- Let's play some basket.
- (container used in a shop): cart, shopping basket, shopping cart
- (storage place for online items): cart, shopping basket, shopping cart
- (basketball): basketball, hoops
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
basket m. (plural basket)
basket f. (plural baskets)
basket m. inv.
|Declination for basket||Singular||Uncountable|
basket c. (uncountable)
Elsewhere on the web