Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.Louise L. Hay
Third person singular
- To clean oneself by immersion in water or using water; to take a bath, have a bath.
- To immerse oneself, or part of the body, in water for pleasure or refreshment; to swim.
- To apply water or other liquid to; to suffuse or cover with liquid.
- She bathed her eyes with liquid to remove the stinging chemical.
- The nurse bathed his wound with a sponge.
- The incoming tides bathed the coral reef.
- (figuratively) To cover or surround.
- The room was bathed in moonlight.
- A dense fog bathed the city streets.
- To sunbathe.
- The women bathed in the sun.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (UK, colloquial) The act of swimming or bathing, especially in the sea, a lake, or a river; a swimming bath.
- I'm going to have a midnight bathe tonight.
Elsewhere on the web