Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
On the last analysis, then, love is life. Love never faileth and life never faileth so long as there is love.Henry Drummond
- Rhymes: -ætə(r)
- A beaten mixture of flour and liquid (usually egg and milk), used for baking (e.g. pancakes, cake, or yorkshire pudding) or to coat food (e.g. fish) prior to frying
- To the dismay of his mother, the boy put his finger into the cake batter.
- The person who tries to hit the ball in a sport like baseball
- (cricket) A batsman. Used under the modern fashion for expunging gender from all words, but in fact women cricketers refer to themselves as batsmen (ie. it's already gender-neutral, see the batsman article).
- A binge, a heavy drinking session.
- When he went on a batter, he became very violent.
- A slope.
- Hydroseeding of unvegetated batters is planned.
- batsman (2)
A beaten mixture of flour and liquid, used for baking
The person who tries to hit the ball
Third person singular
- to hit or strike violently and repeatedly
- to coat with batter
to hit or strike violently and repeatedly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web