Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is not easy, but you have to be willing to make mistakes. And the earlier you make those mistakes, the better.Jane Cahill Pfeiffer
- armlet (of gold or silver) worn on the wrist
- (archaic) money
- the painted circle on a round shield
- Before minted gold and silver came into use in olden times, such rings (armlets) were used as a medium of payment. Hence baugur means "money".
- eiga kost á baugi/eiga á baugi (to have a (single) chance left)
- ef sá væri á baugi (if there were no other chance)
- þú munt eiga slíkan á baugi brátt (thou wilt soon have the very same chance
Elsewhere on the web