Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- SAMPA: /b@zAr/, IPA: /bǝ'zɑɹ/.
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)
From the [[w:Template:lang:it language|Template:lang:it]][[Category:Template:lang:it derivations]] bazarra, and the Hindustani (Hindi बाज़ार, Urdu بازار, "bāzār"); from the Old Persian vahā-carana (“‘sale traffic’”); from the Proto-Indo-European *wesā- ("to buy").
- A marketplace, particularly in the Middle East, and often covered, with shops and stalls.
- A shop selling articles that are either exotic or eclectic.
- A fair or temporary market, often for charity.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web