Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don't set any condition.Arthur Rubinstein
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɒz
- Hyphenation: be‧cause
Adverbbecause (not comparable)
- (archaic) For the reason (that).
- 1611: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. — Genesis 2.iii (King James Bible)
- On account (of).
- I ruined my life because of you!
- By or for the cause that; on this account that; for the reason that.
- I hid myself because I was afraid.
Elsewhere on the web