Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Such as take lodgings in a head that's to be let unfurnished.Samuel Butler
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology.
Third person singular
- To begin to be; to come to be; to turn into
- She became a doctor when she was 25.
- The weather will become cold after the sun goes down.
- To look attractive on, be suitable for
- That dress really becomes you.
To begin to be
To look attractive on, be suitable for
- "become" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web