Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you. Allow your love to nourish yourself as well as others. Do not strain after the needs of life. It is sufficient to be quietly alert and aware of them. In this way life proceeds more naturally and effortlessly. Life is here to Enjoy!Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- One with whom one shares a bed.
- 1599 Young budding virgin, fair and fresh and sweet,
- Whither away, or where is thy abode?
- Happy the parents of so fair a child;
- Happier the man whom favourable stars
- Allot thee for his lovely bed-fellow.
- — Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 5.
- An associate, often an otherwise improbable one.
- 1873 They say that "misfortune makes men acquainted with strange bedfellows". The old hereditary Whig Cabinet ministers must, no doubt, by this time have learned to feel themselves at home with strange neighbours at their elbows. — Anthony Trollope, Phineas Redux, Chapter 40.
Elsewhere on the web