Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.William Butler Yeats
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible (Authorized Version), Genesis 5:3
- And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible (Authorized Version), Matthew 1:2
- Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren
- (nonstandard) An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- Usage note: This is uncommon in the singular.
Elsewhere on the web