Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is not easy, but you have to be willing to make mistakes. And the earlier you make those mistakes, the better.Jane Cahill Pfeiffer
See also Being
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- a living creature.
- the state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- (philosophy) that which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- (philosophy) one's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- (noun) human being
n. living being
- Present participle of be.
- “being” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “being” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "being" in the Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version), K Dictionaries limited, 2000-2006.
- “being” in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
Elsewhere on the web