Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It doesn't matter how new an idea is: what matters is how new it becomes.Elias Canetti
- Mental acceptance of a claim as truth.
- (countable) Something believed.
- The ancient people have a belief in many deities.
- (uncountable) The quality or state of believing.
- My belief that it will rain tomorrow is strong.
- (uncountable) Religious faith.
- She often said it was her belief that carried her through the hard times.
- (in plural) One's religious or moral convictions.
- I can't do that. It's against my beliefs.
mental acceptance of a claim as truth
the quality or state of believing
religious or moral convictions
a wishing of case or circumstance to be true
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web