Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.Francis Bacon
- An advantage, help or aid.
- A payment made in accordance with an insurance policy or a public assistance scheme.
- A performance, etc, given to raise funds for some cause.
advantage, help or aid
performance given to raise funds
Third person singular
- (transitive) To be a benefit (to someone).
- (intransitive) To be a benefit.
- Benefiting and benefited are more common, with benefitting and benefitted being a minor variant especially in the US.
terms derived from "benefit"
to be a benefit
Elsewhere on the web