Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life at the top is financially rewarding, spiritually draining, physically exhausting, and short.Peter C. Newman
- Rhymes: -eɪ
Third person singular
- To deliver into the hands of an enemy by treachery or fraud, in violation of trust; to give up treacherously or faithlessly; as, an officer betrayed the city.
- To prove faithless or treacherous to, as to a trust or one who trusts; to be false to; to deceive; as, to betray a person or a cause.
- To violate the confidence of, by disclosing a secret, or that which one is bound in honor not to make known.
- To disclose or discover, as something which prudence would conceal; to reveal unintentionally.
- To mislead; to expose to inconvenience not foreseen to lead into error or sin.
- To lead astray, as a maiden; to seduce (as under promise of marriage) and then abandon.
- To show or to indicate; -- said of what is not obvious at first, or would otherwise be concealed.
- betrayal n
to deliver into the hands of an enemy
to prove faithless or treacherous
to violate the confidence of, by disclosing a secret
to disclose or discover
to show or to indicate
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web