Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
My wife heard me say I love you a thousand times, but she never once heard me say sorryBruce Willis
Adjectivebinary (not comparable)
- Being in a state of one of two mutually exclusive conditions, such as on or off, true or false, 6 or not 6, or the presence or absence of an electrical pulse.
- Binary states are often abstracted as 1 and 0 in computer science.
- Concerning logic whose subject matter concerns binary states.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Concerning numbers and mathematical calculations using the binary number system.
- Having two equally important parts.
- binary star
- binary poison
- Related to something with two parts.
- A binary distribution is a statistical distribution with only two categories.
- Of a function or an operation, taking two parameters, inputs or operands.
- Division of reals is a binary operation.
- (computing): Refers to data consisting of arbitrary values, as opposed to that which can be interpreted as plain or ASCII text.
- He downloaded the binary distribution for Linux, then burned it to DVD.
on or off
using binary number system
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
binary (plural binaries)Wikipedia
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) (uncountable) The base-2 number system, which uses only the digits 0 and 1.
- (computing) An executable computer file.
- (astronomy) A star system consisting of only two stars.
Elsewhere on the web