Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.Crowfoot
From a Germanic language
birra f. (plural birre)
- Mi piace la birra - I like beer
- beer, glass of beer
- Vuoi una birra? - Do you want a beer?
- 1846, Horatio Hale, Ethnography and philology, vol. VI of Reports of the United States Exploring Expedition, under the command of Charles Wilkes
- bĭrɑ, mɑ̄r, gɑ́rbɑ back (different parts of)
- 1904, R. H. Mathews, The Wiradyuri and other languages of New South Wales, in The Journal of the Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, vol. 34
- Back .... .... .... birra.
- 1892, James Günther, Grammar and Vocabulary of the Aboriginal Dialect called the Wirradhuri, in John Fraser (ed.), An Australian Language
- Birra—tired, fatigued.
Elsewhere on the web