Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The sharp cutting edge of a knife, chisel, or other tool, a razor blade.
- The flat functional end of a propeller, oar, hockey stick, screwdriver, skate, etc.
- The narrow leaf of a grass or cereal.
- (botany) The thin, flat part of a plant leaf, attached to a stem (petiole). The lamina.
- A flat bone, especially the shoulder blade.
- A cut of beef from near the shoulder blade (part of the chuck).
- The flat part of the tongue.
- (poetic) A sword or knife.
- (archaeology) A piece of prepared, sharp-edged stone, often flint, at least twice as long as it is wide. A long flake.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A throw characterized by a tight parabolic trajectory due to a steep lateral attitude.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The rudder, daggerboard, or centerboard of a vessel.
- (dated) A dashing young man.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A homosexual, usually male.
- Thin plate, foil.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
(archaeology) Creswell Crags
Third person singular
Elsewhere on the web