Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.Crowfoot
- Irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
- The act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for any religion's deity or deities.
- The act of claiming the attributes of a deity.
- (irreverent language): cursing, cussing, execration, imprecation, profanity, swearing
- (unholy act): profanation, desecration, sacrilege, violation
- Croatian: blasfèmija hr(hr) f.
- Czech: rouhání cs(cs) n.
- German: Blasphemie f. (1), Gotteslästerung f. (1)
- Finnish: jumalanpilkka, rienaus
- Dutch: Godslastering
- Italian: blasfemo it(it)
- Hebrew: חילול השם
Elsewhere on the web