Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
- The shedding or spilling of blood; slaughter; destruction of life.
- (obsolete) The shedding of one's own blood; specifically, the death of Christ.
- (obsolete) A bloodshot condition or appearance; an effusion of blood in the eye.
The shedding or spilling of blood; slaughter
The shedding of one's own blood; specifically, the death of Christ
A bloodshot condition or appearance; an effusion of blood in the eye
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Hebrew: שפיכות-דמים (shfikhut-damym) f.
- Sindhi: رتوڇاڻ m. (Rattochhaann)
- Spanish: derramamiento de sangre
- "bloodshed" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web