Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
- IPA: (RP)/ˈblɒsəm/
- IPA: (GA)/ˈblɑsəm/
- A flower, especially indicative of fruit as seen on a fruit tree etc.; taken collectively as the mass of such flowers.
- The blossom has come early this year.
- The state or season of producing such flowers.
- The orchard is in blossom.
flowers on trees
state or season for such flowers
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To have or open into blossoms; to bloom.
- (intransitive) To begin to thrive or flourish.
- (have or open into blossoms): bloom, come into bloom, come into blossom, flower
- (begin to thrive or flourish): bloom, flourish, grow, prosper, thrive
have or open into blossoms
Elsewhere on the web