Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A short heavy club, often of wood, which is thicker or loaded at one end.
- She smashed the radio with a steel bludgeon.
Third person singular
- To strike or hit with something hard, usually on the head; to club.
- The man in the brown coat was bludgeoned to death.
- To force something upon others, as if with a bludgeon.
- Our teachers' favorite method involved bludgeoning us with the same old arguments in favor of their opinions.
- "bludgeon" in the Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper, 2001
Elsewhere on the web